I hope none of our members/readers is in Flood territory

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

I hope none of our members/readers is in Flood territory

Postby Vandervecken on Tue 29 Aug 2017 19:39

Hoping all those who come to these forums are doing fine. I know Mr. Chisholm is just out of the area of massive rains and floods. My thoughts go out to those less fortunate than I am.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: I hope none of our members/readers is in Flood territory

Postby Cralis on Wed 30 Aug 2017 00:26

Vandervecken wrote:Hoping all those who come to these forums are doing fine. I know Mr. Chisholm is just out of the area of massive rains and floods. My thoughts go out to those less fortunate than I am.

I think Krenshala is inside the flood territory. I've attempted to reach him, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

EDIT: Krenshala LITERALLY texted me about 2 minutes after I posted this. He says he's doing fine in Austin, he only got about 1" of rain per hour for about 40 hours. only!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby nukesnipe on Wed 30 Aug 2017 07:13

I have friends and family in the Coastal Bend area. My family fared well (a little south and inland from Corpus Christi). Some of our friends who live about 1/2 mile from where I used to live on North Padre Island (Corpus Christi) had about 6 inches of water in their house. In general, the houses on Padre Island are about 9-1/2 feet above sea level.

Some of my wife's acquaintances in Rockport lost everything.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Sat 09 Sep 2017 23:12

Dazrand is in the path of Irma and should be getting hit right about now. He says he'll be fine once power is restored, and he expects power to go down, but thinks it may be a few days until it is restored.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby dazrand on Mon 11 Sep 2017 19:39

Dazrand is in the path of Irma and should be getting hit right about now. He says he'll be fine once power is restored, and he expects power to go down, but thinks it may be a few days until it is restored.

All over here except for the cleanup. Must say Florida Light and Power were awesome, already have power back. The last day turn away spared us lots and lots of damage, lost only two palm trees which fell away from the house. Everything else was cosmetic damage for me. Some more significant damage in the neighborhood (light poles, roofs, fences, screens, and front doors), but nothing which isn't habitable (well outside the lack of AC).
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Mon 11 Sep 2017 21:04

dazrand wrote:

All over here except for the cleanup. Must say Florida Light and Power were awesome, already have power back. The last day turn away spared us lots and lots of damage, lost only two palm trees which fell away from the house. Everything else was cosmetic damage for me. Some more significant damage in the neighborhood (light poles, roofs, fences, screens, and front doors), but nothing which isn't habitable (well outside the lack of AC).

You made out extremely well. And I'm surprised, given that something like 65% of the state is out of power that yours is back so quickly!

Sounds like a bit of clean up, cutting up some wood for that bonfire BBQ celebration, and you're good to go. ;)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Moonsword on Tue 12 Sep 2017 04:56

Glad to hear you're doing okay. Irma sounded like it was an absolute terror down in Florida.

The Atlanta metro area got some unpleasant wind (first ever tropical storm warning) and some localized flooding. For a lot of people, things are going to be basically back to normal inside of 24 hours. My mother's power is still out, though, and her power company looks like it's got a lot of scattered messes to deal with around where she lives.
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Return to The Starless Void