Scenario Section?

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Scenario Section?

Postby sandywhite90 on Tue 15 May 2018 18:11

I am DYING for this!! Any update on the status? Anything I can do to help?
sandywhite90
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby Cralis on Fri 18 May 2018 00:49

sandywhite90 wrote:I am DYING for this!! Any update on the status? Anything I can do to help?

I got busy with the next update and stuff and put this on a list. But you're right, I shouldn't put this off.

Originally I thought that I could put a scenario forum for anyone to post in, and then have subforums for campaign scenarios from the fiction section. But there isn't any reason that those authors cannot already put scenarios in their campaign subforums.

So I'm thinking that we have the open general section and maybe a few subsections.

One subforum might be "alternate" scenarios to official history scenarios. In the past we've had some players build "what if" type scenarios based on the supplement scenarios.

Another thing we might do is allow someone a subforum for scenarios they build that are related, but not part of a campaign. I'm really thinking that the campaign authors should put scenarios in their own section. And then we could have a scenario subforum that has a bunch of links to the campaigns that have scenarios! What do all of you think?

I'm not really keen on having a bunch of thematic subforums (like scenario types or something)... but can anyone else think of any other subforums that might be interesting?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby VX-134 on Fri 18 May 2018 16:47

Would there be scenario subforums corresponding to the different editions? I think it would be confusing to have scenarios written to 1st, 3rd and 6th edition standards all mixed together (especially for newer players).
VX-134
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Fri 18 May 2018 18:20

We could do subforums for Starfire edition; I figured that would be part of the naming convention and one of the descriptor fields. For example, there are Stars At War scenarios for Classic Starfire and remakes for Ultra Starfire.

Of course, nothing stops is from having subsubforums :lol:
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby sandywhite90 on Sun 20 May 2018 23:39

Yes! Love the idea of some 'alternate' or 'supporting' history scenarios.

I've been wanting to put some scenarios together that give a bit more depth to the conflict with previous races and such. I personally think the Rigelians did a lot more mischief than we have on 'record'... :)

Just to pursuit some different engagements that might have been happening around the larger recorded battles that occurred would be fun to explore.

A single repository with sub sections would be awesome.
sandywhite90
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby Cralis on Thu 24 May 2018 16:07

Alright! I’m planning to go ahead and create the scenario section. I will post a sticky with a recommended format along with a subsection for edition-specific scenarios.

I talked with Marvin and he suggested that we allow anyone to post in the general section of the scenario subforum, and then move scenarios that meet the right criteria and maybe even a vote to the appropriate subforum.

Depending upon popularity, I may have to ask for a volunteer or two to help moderate and manage this process.

Any additional thoughts, questions, or suggestions before I start?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby sandywhite90 on Fri 25 May 2018 16:02

Awesome again! I'm new to this forum, but bought the original at the game store in '79, and have owned all futur editions!

Thanks for responding and sorry if I made more work for you!
sandywhite90
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Previous

Return to General