Everlasting Pallette

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Everlasting Pallette

Postby Cralis on Mon 09 Jul 2018 18:44

https://www.facebook.com/lynn.moore.100 ... 6799679103

Lynn Moore got his Everlasting Pallette before I did. This was basically a kickstarter-like project for a "wet pallette" that would basically let you put your paints on a film over a wet foam. The water would keep the paint moist... if you've ever done any miniature painting then you know that the #1 problem is that the paints dry really, really fast.

I've been putting off doing my Starfire and Ogre miniatures because of the paint drying problem. I'm hoping to get a chance to try this out later this week and see how it works.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Everlasting Pallette

Postby Otterman on Wed 11 Jul 2018 15:31

Wooo!
Otterman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Wed 11 Jul 2018 17:30

That’s exactly how I feel.

I take a long time to paint (mostly because I still suck) and the paint drying out, clumping, and thickening just made it worse. Plus I didn’t dare mix any colors because it would either waste or I’d have to try and make it the same multiple times.

When I saw this I thought “woooohoooo hooo!!” I’ve seen wet pallettes before and they are pretty expensive. I hope it doesn’t let me down.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby nukesnipe on Fri 13 Jul 2018 20:47

I use a wet pallet almost exclusively. The only problem I've ever run into is the moisture wicking through the paper and diluting my paints. It only becomes a problem if the paint stays on the wet pallet for a long period of time.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby coldsteel on Wed 25 Jul 2018 08:39

I am really, really happy with mine. Have had paint sit in there for a couple weeks now and still usable. There is a bit of water seeping up but not enough to horribly dilute the paint. Only issue I had is the magnets for the Wavy brush holders needed to be better glued in. Have had all of them pop out of the Wavy or the pallette frame at one time or another. Dab of superglue, though, and all good.

Here's the link to the company that made it: https://www.redgrassgames.com/everlasting-wet-palette/
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Commander
Commander

Return to The Starless Void