Who's here?

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Who's here?

Postby Vandervecken on Tue 31 Jan 2012 20:23

Hehehehe Coldsteel,

You said "grunt in the army" and I wanted to blurt out "Make sure to change your socks" or "do you need any more cough drops". 95% if my work as a medic assigned to an Airborne Company was pretty boring but the GRUNTS (Airborne, Ropers, or Legs) made the army a fighting force. Thanks for your 10 years of being all that you can be.

I was really big into SFB for 10 years, had 2 large file-holder cases full of SSD's and the mammoth Rules binder, who said being a geek was for weaklings, eh ?
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby coldsteel on Fri 03 Feb 2012 14:58

Vandervecken wrote:Hehehehe Coldsteel,

You said "grunt in the army" and I wanted to blurt out "Make sure to change your socks" or "do you need any more cough drops". 95% if my work as a medic assigned to an Airborne Company was pretty boring but the GRUNTS (Airborne, Ropers, or Legs) made the army a fighting force.

got any Motrin...? lol.
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 1 BC, 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks), 2 FTx (old sculpts)
coldsteel
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Sat 04 Feb 2012 01:25

Haha Grunt Candy.

We had a guy fall on an ammo can and the corpsman gave him motrin. Turned out he cracked a rib. Another guy practically crawled to medical complaining of ankle pain, and they gave him motrin... he later found out he broke it in three places.

Motrin, solves anything. Sorta.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Kargaroth on Thu 09 Feb 2012 18:09

Name's Dave Elliott, I graduated High School 2 years ago punched the pieces on my galactic starfire set last night (I'm still tryin to figger out the rules). I play ye old 1979 starfire right now. I'm also a computer science major at Carl Albert State College, poteau Oklahoma.That's it folks my life in a nutshell. :lol:
Working on BRUSHFIRE a tactical ground combat module for use with the 1984 STARFIRE box set.
Kargaroth
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby nukesnipe on Thu 09 Feb 2012 19:35

Wow, how embarrassing is this? I've been a member since October of 2009 and have never introduced myself?

My name is Scott Chisholm. I've been playing Starfire solitaire since the summer of '81 when I picked up a copy of Starfire II at Campaign Headquarters in Norfolk, VA. I believe I have every "mainline" edition of the game, but haven't gotten around to purchasing Elite or the Admiral's Challenge.

I"m retired Navy and work at a nuke plant a little south of Ft Worth. If there are any players in the Metroplex, give me a shout. I could always use a good thrashing....
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby krenshala on Fri 10 Feb 2012 00:52

nukesnipe wrote:Wow, how embarrassing is this? I've been a member since October of 2009 and have never introduced myself?

My name is Scott Chisholm. I've been playing Starfire solitaire since the summer of '81 when I picked up a copy of Starfire II at Campaign Headquarters in Norfolk, VA. I believe I have every "mainline" edition of the game, but haven't gotten around to purchasing Elite or the Admiral's Challenge.

I"m retired Navy and work at a nuke plant a little south of Ft Worth. If there are any players in the Metroplex, give me a shout. I could always use a good thrashing....

Heh, some days I miss Campaign Headquarters. I spent a LOT of money there in the early '80s (middle/high school), and again in the '90s when I was stationed at Langley AFB. :) I've never found a copy of Ace of Aces outside of Campaign Headquarters in the '80s and I didn't have the money to get it back then (a fun bi-plane combat game). I think I still have my pilot card from back then in a box somewhere; one and a half kills was all I got, IIRC.

Dragon's Lair here in Austin, however, has an equally good selection of both stuff to buy, and table top games to walk in and join (if you have the time, which I don't :( ).
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Tregonsee on Fri 10 Feb 2012 08:57

Kargaroth wrote:Name's Dave Elliott, I graduated High School 2 years ago punched the pieces on my galactic starfire set last night (I'm still tryin to figger out the rules). I play ye old 1979 starfire right now. I'm also a computer science major at Carl Albert State College, poteau Oklahoma.That's it folks my life in a nutshell. :lol:

Ok, that is now 4 OK players-you, ColdSteel, godsgopher, and myself. With CDR Chisholm close to DFW, that makes an interesting possible gaming group...
Tregonsee
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby rincewind on Fri 10 Feb 2012 14:08

Why do i have the feeling that I am the only teenage member of this forum?
If you can't get rid off it by sending the Three Stooges over to it's side, then don't bother with anything else. It's indestructible.

-A ThreeStooges fan
rincewind
Captain
Captain

Postby Kargaroth on Fri 10 Feb 2012 14:12

I was a teenage member of this forum in December.
Working on BRUSHFIRE a tactical ground combat module for use with the 1984 STARFIRE box set.
Kargaroth
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby krenshala on Fri 10 Feb 2012 18:24

rincewind wrote:Why do i have the feeling that I am the only teenage member of this forum?

We're still glad to have you here. :D
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Starless Void