2D Star Map site

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

2D Star Map site

Postby PracticalM on Sat 26 Dec 2020 19:31

I did a few searches and I don't think this was posted previously

This site has a download where you can get a 24x24 grid of pdfs that have placed all the nearby star systems in a 72 light year diameter.
It's only the 2D without z printed on the map but for Starfire purposes or Admiral's Challenge purposes you could but a few together and have some fun.

https://starmap2d.appspot.com/

You want the literary bundle. It comes with a full map pdf (but reader seems to choke on it, I opened in in Preview on my mac)
There are 2 folders with the 24x24 grids one with hexes and one without.
--
Jeffrey Kessler
PracticalM
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 2D Star Map site

Postby Cralis on Mon 28 Dec 2020 18:03

I actually have the Galactic Map 2.0 and the 30-ly Star Map up on my wall. They are excellent maps. But I do like some of the larger maps they have there. Pretty good work...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to The Starless Void