Proposed Planet Types: B1, B2, B3, and M

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Proposed Planet Types: B1, B2, B3, and M

Postby Cralis on Tue 23 Mar 2021 00:09

That is everything. Only the mass 0 bodies are going to be moons, with only a few big moons as mass 1. Everything else mass 1, 2, and 3 are going to be planets.

Krenshala, question about tidelocks: are those tidelocked to the star or to the moon? Because every planet is going to be tidelocked to its first moon, right? I don't see any differentiation for planets tidelocked to a star or for big moon tidelocks.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Mjorr on Sat 27 Mar 2021 14:18

Are you looking at the same list that I am seeing? Because the list that I am seeing has no G planets, no I planets, no Asteroid belts...
Mjorr
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby krenshala on Sat 03 Apr 2021 09:57

It should have included I , G and AST results. not sure why it didn't but I haven't been using that version for a bit and its replacement isn't done yet.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Mjorr on Thu 29 Apr 2021 21:06

Cralis wrote:I think that your focus is not complete. You're splitting type-B worlds based on mass because of atmosphere, but they aren't the only type with a lack of atmosphere. Mercury worlds are already covered with Type-H.

But most importantly, you'll have a lot of math to do to balance the numbers. We spent a lot of time and had to adapt a sysgen program to generate total numbers so we could get as far as we did.

Okay, I have numbers that I have balanced. How do I get the spreadsheets to you?
Mjorr
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby Cralis on Mon 03 May 2021 21:23

Mjorr wrote:Okay, I have numbers that I have balanced. How do I get the spreadsheets to you?

You can post them using any number of online services, or if you'd rather just send them to me you can email me at cralis at starfiredesign.com
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to Solar Starfire