Tactical Solitaire?

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Tactical Solitaire?

Postby Thorsz on Sun 21 Nov 2021 02:11

I've seen others mentioun solo campaigns. Is there any material that can be used to automate an enemy fleet based on scenario objectives?

I've done a bit of searching for this and didn't see anything unless I totally missed it.
Thorsz
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Re: Tactical Solitaire?

Postby krenshala on Sun 21 Nov 2021 23:40

Automate, not that I'm aware of. Most of us, I believe, just go through the races one at a time as if we are the controlling player (at least, I know I do). The key is to do the turn for each race in an order to minimize unconscious influence on their decisions. E.g., if Race C knows about Race B, but is not aware they plan an attack, I would do Race C's turn first, then Race B's, and then resolve the interaction between then after both have a set of "orders" in place. Basically, you have to pay attention to whether or not the decisions is based on "character knowledge" or "player knowledge". :o :? :D
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 13yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby coldsteel on Mon 22 Nov 2021 14:16

One might adapt the 'Robot Opponent' process from the SFB Cadet rules?
TFN: 1 BB, 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 11 DD
RPSA: 1 BC, 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks), 2 FTx (old sculpts)
coldsteel
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Tue 23 Nov 2021 11:04

coldsteel wrote:One might adapt the 'Robot Opponent' process from the SFB Cadet rules?

I don't think that I've seen those before. How does it work?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Classic Starfire