Ultra Starfire Players Wanted

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Ultra Starfire Players Wanted

Postby luftmann on Thu 24 Mar 2022 21:27

I am looking to SM a game using the SFOnline (Strategic Ops) and Vassal engines (Tactical Battles). All Levels of experience are welcome (especially newcomers). I am a veteran SF player from the beginning. I like to help new players learn the game and improve their skills. I'm not one for Chkn sh*t play, ie: bashing the lesser experienced, no fun for me and discouraging for them. If you are not familiar with SFOnline, it does all the tech, system gen, colonization and more. I am happy to walk you through it. Please message me if you are interested.
luftmann
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Re: Ultra Starfire Players Wanted

Postby Cralis on Thu 24 Mar 2022 22:09

Howdy luftmann! Welcome to the forum!

I've put a message out to our Starfire Facebook page, a couple fan pages, and on our discord. I don't know how many players still use SFOnline, but hopefully we'll get some bites for you!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby igycrctl on Fri 25 Mar 2022 11:04

This looks interesting, but I have never heard of SFOnline. What is it? A link or similar would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.
igycrctl
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Valles on Fri 25 Mar 2022 12:02

http://www.starfireonline.com/

It's an HTML site/app and database that was coded to handle basically every non-tactical aspect of an Ultra Starfire game, back when, though you'd have to ask somebody else for a more detailed story of its origins.

As for the game itself... I'm already in another early-stages campaign, and I'll need to swap between Ultra and Solar in my head with no doubt amusing mistakes as a result, but what the hell, I'm a glutton for punishment.

And it'll let me go ahead with the racial design that's in my head, clawing to get out.
Valles
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Fri 25 Mar 2022 12:40

There's also a link to it in the Starfire Forum "Fan Sites" sub-forum
viewforum.php?f=29
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby dmiller on Sun 27 Mar 2022 09:33

hello, ive been playing since the little books, love the game and am interested in your campaign, i should have the necessary rule books, but not the software, happy to learn both
dmiller
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby neko128 on Thu 21 Apr 2022 20:20

Luftmann, I realize I'm almost a month past the original post, but if you're still looking for players and don't mind an inexperienced (e.g. little Starfire experience and zero SFOnline experience) I'd be interested. Or barring that, if you start another later on!
neko128
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Return to Classic Starfire